Mr Lau Ming-wai GBS, JP
Mr Ming Wai Lau holds LLB, LLM, and PhD degrees from King’s College London and the London School of Economics, University of London. His PhD dissertation was published as a book by Oxford University Press in 2011. He has been a Visiting Lecturer at Harvard Law School since 2014. He is also a registered attorney in the State of New York and a CFA Charterholder.
Mr Lau is active in public affairs both in Hong Kong and Mainland China. In Hong Kong, he is a member of the Chief Executive's Council of Advisers on Innovation and Strategic Development, the Chairman of Commission on Youth, Deputy Chairman of the Board of the Ocean Park Corporation, Council Member of City University of Hong Kong, a non-official member of Commission on Poverty, and a member of the Exchange Fund Advisory Committee. In China, he is currently an Honorary Trustee of Peking University and a Board Member of University of International Business and Economics.
- Chairman, Chinese Estates Holdings Limited
- Member, Chief Executive's Council of Advisers on Innovation and Strategic Development
- Chairman, Commission on Youth
- Deputy Chairman, Board of the Ocean Park Corporation
- Council Member, City University of Hong Kong
- Non-official Member, Commission on Poverty
- Member, Exchange Fund Advisory Committee
- Honorary Trustee, Peking University
- Board Member, University of International Business and Economics