Mr Lau Ming-wai GBS, JP
Mr Ming Wai Lau holds LLB, LLM, and PhD degrees from King’s College London and the London School of Economics, University of London. His PhD dissertation was published as a book by Oxford University Press in 2011. He was a Visiting Lecturer at Harvard Law School in 2014 and has been re-appointed in the 2015-2016 academic year. He is also a registered attorney in the State of New York and a CFA Charterholder.
Mr Lau is active in public affairs both in Hong Kong and Mainland China. In Hong Kong, he is the Chairman of Commission on Youth, Deputy Chairman of the Board of the Ocean Park Corporation, Council Member of City University of Hong Kong, a non-official member of Commission on Poverty, a non-official member of Commission on Strategic Development, and a member of Financial Infrastructure Sub-Committee of the Exchange Fund Advisory Committee. In China, he is currently a member of the Sichuan Committee of Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference, an Honorary Trustee of Peking University and a Board Member of University of International Business and Economics.
- Chairman, Chinese Estates Holdings Limited
- Chairman, Commission on Youth
- Member, Sichuan Committee, CPPCC
- Honorary Trustee, Peking University
- Board Member, University of International Business and Economics
- Board Member, Ocean Park Corporation
- Council Member, City University of Hong Kong
- Co-opted Member, Community Care Fund Task Force and Societal Engagement Task Force, Commission on Poverty
- Member, Financial Infrastructure Sub-Committee, Exchange Fund Advisory Committee
- Founding member, Hong Kong Spirit Ambassador Programme